I don’t know about you, but I have been thoroughly enjoying the feel of the energy that we have been gifted with this past week. We have been so fortunate with the blessings of an extended summer, as we move in to the Equinox. You just want to hang on to every beautiful minute of sunshine and warmth. It’s inspiration invites us to be present.
Which is pretty awesome, because that is going to be something that we are going to focus on in the next week 🙂
As we prepare to be “retreat ready” there are a few things that I would like to share, to enable you to get the most of this retreat experience.
I have come to realize that the more consideration I give to the energetic aspect of everything in my life, the more understanding I have of all that is my life, my health and who I am. The more acceptance I have of the dynamic flow of energy, the easier life is. In order to benefit from this approach, here are some ideas for you to put into practice:
- if you aren’t already living in the present, then make every attempt to do so for the next week
- this means that we focus solely on what is before us in every moment and nothing else
- yes we take a little time to plan our grocery shopping, meals, appointments etc – but you are also present while making the plan
- so what I am saying is that if you are mindful of what you are doing and what is going on in each moment, then you are present – you are engaged and actually enjoying the energy of each moment
- when you are eating your meals, doing nothing else but eat your food; sit at your table, eat your food slowly, savouring each bite and taste the food – taste the energy of feeding your body – just enjoy it, thinking of nothing else – fresh delicious food is nothing to take for granted
- when having a shower, just simply have a shower and enjoy the feeling of the water on your body, it’s warmth – and the scent of your soap – clean warm water is nothing to take for granted
- engage with everything as fully as you can – really listen to the music on your radio, really feel the awesomeness of lounging in a chair with a book, immerse yourself in the beautiful colours of the breathtaking sunset, really listen to that person who is speaking to you
- NOTICE everything that you can
- and when you do, recognize each and every thing as energetic vibration
- be aware!
- I will encourage you to be mindful every day so you don’t forget 🙂
In order for you to understand and manage your own energy, you need to explore the energy of everything around you. That the energy you bring to living is the energy that life will give back to you.
Everything – every body, mind, cell, organ, blood, water. the earth, plants, trees, rocks, insects and animal. the stars, sun and moon. every transaction and every interaction. every idea and every thought. ALL of this are energetic vibrations; all flowing at different frequencies.
You are a composite of these vibrations
and the quality of your energy determines these frequencies.
With energy, there is no right or wrong; everything just is. How you engage and connect with the different frequencies of energy that are present in your life depends on YOUR definition of it – YOUR perceptions. If you are feeling frustration or annoyance, that is resistance. Ask yourself what you are resisting – and why. Be open to the realizations because there is no right or wrong (unless you are hurting yourself or others.)
remember, be open to all ideas 🙂 surrender to the flow of energy around you and that is you. allow yourself to just be while being mindful
The equinox is a time of balance in the energies of nature. The balance of our energy and to connect with the energies of nature is the essence of the Equinox Retreat.