We have arrived at the date that marks an “official” end to summer and beginning of autumn. It certainly feels like summer wants to hang around for awhile longer in this area where I live. Summer energy is alive, expanding and sometimes distracting! But something that we seem to never get enough of.
Hopefully we can capitalize on that energy as we gather together in mind and heart to enjoy this Equinox Retreat. I welcome you! 🙂
and I thank-you for joining me in celebrating this amazing time of year!
If you haven’t already, I invite you to read The Chakra Code. Consider it your “retreat registration” 🙂
For today’s retreat, whenever you can and wherever you may be, let’s begin with some or all of these activities:
- I have chosen the sunflower to be the motif for this retreat, so go out and pick or purchase one if you can to hold in a vase in your personal retreat zone
- be mindful all day; perhaps set an alarm on your phone to remind you hourly to be present to everything
- a series of breath meditations, sitting quietly for 5 to 10 minutes simply focusing on your breath and your energy field; while in meditation see if you can sense energetic vibration and it’s quality (try 3 sessions if time permits, spread throughout your day)
- journal immediately after each session, jotting down words that come to mind – keeping it very simple and just allow whatever arises (if nothing does then just write the word nothing)
- take 20 to 30 minutes to enjoy the outside, preferably in a natural or park environment if you can and preferably while moving your body (walking, cycling, running, dancing – your choice!) Consider this a walking meditation, so be quiet, present and tune in to the different energy frequencies around you and in you
- upon return from the outside, journal expressing gratitude for anything and everything that you can think of – all of the beauty in your life as well as the amazing lessons provided by the not so beautiful 😉 describe the energy you felt while outside
- most of all, enjoy the gifts this day has to offer; you will sense them or see them everywhere you look if you allow yourself to do so 🙂
If you wish to share your thoughts, ask questions or just want to introduce yourself as a retreat participant, please comment on this post with the word Elements. Elements is a group I host on FB and I will send you an invitation to join. That is where I will post any feedback and comments I wish to share over the course of the next week. I would love to hear from you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.